The Lower Dart, Devon
One of our fundraising events
The Rt Hon Ann Widdecombe speaking at “The Way Forward Following The Referendum"
Applying for a Grant
Criteria – who we can help
• DSCT makes grants to registered charities and not-for-profit organisations for purposes which meet its charitable objectives.
We do not make grants to individuals.
• We are a small charity and grants rarely exceed £2000. Our preference is to make awards to small organisations to which this sort of sum can make a real difference.
• Our funds are almost all raised in Devon and it is unlikely that
we will make a grant to a body whose beneficiaries are not
• We review each application very carefully to assess both its potential effectiveness and its financial viability, and also that it meets our charitable objectives.
• We prefer to make grants in support of specific projects. We do not normally make grants to cover ongoing running costs of a charity.
• We always ask for a report on how our grants are spent and welcome the opportunity to visit projects we have supported.